Developing for Content Management Systems
Required: Lab 3: LinkedIn Learning tutorial – WordPress: Plugin Development.
The LinkedIn Learning tutorial has given you a solid introduction into the fundamentals of defining developing and deploying a custom WordPress Plugin of your making. This assignment will allow you to demonstrate your understanding of Plugin development by having you create a new plugin which makes use of a restful API of your choosing.
Your plugin will do the following.
- Display data from a publicly accessible API of your choosing. The requirements for your API choice are as follows
- The API must be configurable. This means that your API must present a settings page within the WordPress Administration area that allows the end-user to tweak some pre-defined settings for the plugin so that it affects the data that is returned from the API.
- Implement shortcode functionality so that the data can be displayed directly within Post or Page content should it be desired.
- Implement widget functionality so that the data can be displayed via a widget within a widget area such as a sidebar.
- Create an Administration Page for the Plugin
Your API display plugin should contain a settings page that allows the end-user to configure what and how the API is called and what data will be returned.
- Display your Plugin’s Data via a ShortCode
In order for your data to appear within post or page content, your plugin should allow the insertion of ShortCodes which will embed the plugin’s output within the content.
- The shortcode should be configurable so that it can override the settings saved in the General Administration area.
- Display your Plugin’s Data via a Widget
In order for your data to appear within widget areas, your plugin should be ‘widgetized’ so that it can be displayed in a widget area such as a sidebar or similar.
- The widget should be configurable so that it can override the settings saved in the General Administration area.
- Don’t forget that a live in-person demonstration is part of this project. You will need to show your code to the instructor in class on the due date while going through an evaluation of the site’s (or sites’) functionality. You will need to know how to demonstrate that you have met the above requirements.
- Late submissions will be subject to the late penalties laid out in the course outline.Bottom of Form
本网站支持 Alipay WeChatPay PayPal等支付方式
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信号:vipnxx