The purpose of this assessment item is to assess your skills attributable to the following learning outcomes and your achievement of the expected graduate attributes of intermediate level communication, information literacy, and graduate level problem solving, critical thinking, and information technology competence.
- Developsoftwareapplications that can run in parallel and on multiple networked computers using approaches such as multi-threading, and client-server architecture
- Designanddevelop secure distributed applications using approaches such as RESTful webservices
Your task in this assessment is to analyse the given problem, model, design, implement, test and document a client/server application that allows multiple users to access stored data or add new data. You will be implementing the software solution, applying efficient algorithms, inheritance, polymorphism, and exception handling. The topics required for this assessment task are from Weeks 1-5. You should also write a report, as specified in this document, demonstrating your conceptual knowledge. You will be required to use the topics learnt in the pre-requisite unit Object–Oriented Programming.
Include necessary accessor, mutator methods, constructors, and toString() methods for each class. Also, follow good coding practices, using meaningful names, camel case notation for naming, constants as necessary, and include meaningful comments. You can use NetBeans to develop your application. Follow the coding standards given in the Unit website.
You can have top level generic classes and extend them to create specialized classes. You need not include login information and store such details, as this will be included in the
second Assignment where you will be extending this solution.
3.1Guidance to the level of assistance you can use.
You are expected to understand several concepts and apply those concepts to design and build a software solution. At this level you can use the provided materials, online resources for further reading and take assistance from your classmates or teammates to develop deeper understanding of the concepts. You can also sort help to debug the implemented program. But you should design, implement and test your program on your own.
You should submit a report containing the following details.
- UML class diagrams for the classes
Note: UML class diagrams generated using a software tool after completing the coding will not be accepted.
- Adiagramshowing the system architecture illustrating the client server connection and the multiple clients connecting to the server.
- Testplanshowing input data, expected results, and actual results. Show testing of erroneous entries also.
- Clearlywritethe steps of client – server communication happening during the program run and data going between client and server for the Customer Registration event. You can use a diagram.
You should submit the following source code files and word document using the Moodle online submission system. (Note: the file names/class names could be changed to meaningful names). Do not zip the whole projectfolder and submit it.
- .javafilesfor your classes, including client and server operations
- .htmlfilefor your client side or .fxml file for your GUI
- .cssfilefor GUI formating
- Report.doc– Yourword document containing the report.
本网站支持 Alipay WeChatPay PayPal等支付方式
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信号:vipnxx