The following Learning outcomes will be assessed in this assessment
- Develop appropriate software solutions to technological problems.
- Describe and apply features of an object oriented programming language.
- Effectively exploit the programming language and development environments.
- Effectively apply software design and development principles.
|Assessment Criteria||Weighting (%)|
Introduction and background
Students will be provided with the following software (on blackboard) :
An SQL-Lite database file.
A client program that generates an XML file with data.
The aim of the coursework is to give students practical experience in object oriented software development by implementing a system in an object oriented language (C#) that involves a number of real-world engineering applications (reading standard data format (XML), database access and storage, user interface design).
The UCLan autonomous all-terrain Vehicle (UAAV) is in testing phase, the UAAV has been designed to navigate extremely remote and hazardous locations and as such there will be many times when direct communication will not be possible. With this in mind a system has been designed that monitors various metrics around the vehicle and saves the data to a file. The system saves a snapshot of readings once every 5 minutes whilst operating and saves the result to an XML file for analysis (The client software simulates this by producing an XML file with all the readings for that day).
You have been given the task of writing a software system that can take the readings file, save its contents to a database and allow engineers to access the data.
The XML file contains data on when the readings took place, the UAAV’s speed at the time, its internal cabin temperature, its engine compartment temperature, its fuel level, its battery charge level and shock absorber wear.
The database file (Readings.db) contains a single empty table (UAAVData) that has the following structure :
- Day is the day the readings took place, this is an integer value set by the user in the client program (note the UAAV is only ever tested once a day).
RunningTime is the time the UAAV has been running, all tests run over a 5 hour period, this
|PREPARATION FOR THE ASSESSMENT
· All elements of the coursework have been covered in lectures and labs, all labs between the release of the coursework and the coursework deadline will be dedicated to allow students to complete their coursework.
|RELEASE DATES AND HAND IN DEADLINE
Assessment Release date: 8th February 2023 Assessment Deadline Date: 11.59pm 31st March 2023
Your feedback and mark for this assessment will be provided within the University’s 15 working day policy for feedback. Written feedback will be available on Blackboard on or before 21st April 2023.
Submit a single zip file containing the report and all software written to the Turnitin page on Blackboard.
|HELP AND SUPPORT
· For support with using library resources, please contact <insert name and email address of your subject Mr. Neil Marshal <NMarshall7@uclan.ac.uk> or <SubjectLibrarians@uclan.ac.uk>. You will find links to lots of useful resources in the My Library tab on Blackboard.
· If you have not yet made the university aware of any disability, specific learning difficulty, long-term health or mental health condition, please complete a Disclosure Form. The Inclusive Support team will then contact to discuss reasonable adjustments and support relating to any disability. For more information, visit the Inclusive Support site.
· To access mental health and wellbeing support, please complete our online referral form. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com, call 01772 893020 or visit our UCLan Wellbeing Service pages for more information.
· If you have any other query or require further support you can contact The <i>, The Student Information and Support Centre. Speak with us for advice on accessing all the University services as well as the Library services. Whatever your query, our expert staff will be able to help and support you. For more information, how to contact us and our opening hours visit Student Information and Support Centre.
If you have any valid mitigating circumstances that mean you cannot meet an assessment submission deadline and you wish to request an extension, you will need to apply online prior to the deadline.
本网站支持 Alipay WeChatPay PayPal等支付方式
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信号:vipnxx