In addition to the following topics, the quiz syllabus includes any
material covered in the lectures:
- Sections 8.2 (introduction only), 8.3, 8.4 (“Avoid throwing
exceptions in constructors …”, “Know the exceptions …”, and
“Consider alternatives …” only), and 8.5 in Code Complete.
- Items 9, 69, 73, 74, 75, 76, and 77 in Effective Java.
- The Error Propagation Guide on Canvas in the Defensive
- Section 19.6 in Code Complete, the Quick Reference Guide on
Routine Names on canvas, and Items 28, 59, 60, and 62 in
An automatic C (or less) is triggered by
• Any routine with complexity greater than 4, or by
• Any piece of code that is essentially repeated, or by
• Improperly named routines.
However, a submission that avoids these problems does not
necessarily qualify for high quality craftsmanship.
The rules for comma placement are complex, frustrating, and often
ambiguous. Many people will in practice ignore them, apply custom
rules, or no rules at all. The Devil’s Guide to Comma, recommends
the following stylistic guideline in the use of commas:
- If a word anywhere in the text is preceded by a comma, then
all its occurrences must be preceded by a comma except in
the case where such an occurrence is the first word of a
- If a word anywhere in the text is followed by a comma, then
all its occurrences must be followed by a comma except in the
case where such an occurrence is the last word of a sentence.
- Sentences consist only of letters, space, and punctuation
marks and are case-insensitive.
• “Please sit Spot. Sit spot, sit 2. Spot here now here.” is
o It contains a character “2” which is neither a letter nor
a punctuation mark.
o There is a comma after “spot” in the second sentence
and thus there should be one after “Spot” in the third
sentence (but not after the first sentence).
o There is a comma before the third “sit” in the passage,
but not before the first one. On the other hand, the
second occurrence is correct since “Sit” is the first word
in the second sentence.
• “Please, sit Spot. Sit Spot, sit. Spot, here now here.” is also
incorrect because a comma is missing before the second
• “Please, sit spot. Sit spot, sit. spot, here now, here.” is correct.
本网站支持 Alipay WeChatPay PayPal等支付方式
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信号:vipnxx