The Opportunities for Improvement :
Virtualization is increasing with every new day . A lot of multinational companies as well small business are switching to virtualization due to lot of benefits. It is one of the most effective way to lower the IT cost along with increasing the efficiency and abilities for all kind of businesses . Some of the important benefits of virtualization are stated as under :
- Fast Recovery : If a system fails due to any reasons , recovery of IT resources can be done easily in less time which allows business to continue without any downtime .While in old system , it would take many hours or maybe many days which directly increases the downtime of company resulting in big revenue loss.
- Good Scalability: Virtual environments are highly scalable so it provides flexibility of adding new applications , upgrading when the company expands . While in the old system , we need to change the infrastructure in order to support upgrades .
- Saving Money and Space: This is one of the benefit which each business considers first. By switching to virtualization , the cost of IT infrastructure decreases along with decrease in energy consumption. Moreover there is also a lot of saving of space in the physical environment. While in the old system , there was need of more IT infrastructure , more power consumption and more space was needed .
- Getting good return for investment: In old system , infrastructure needed to be upgraded after certain time while in virtualization, the infrastructure is maintained no matter what happens .
There are a lot of other benefits which depends and varies according to company .
For our case , the gaming company would be benefited with a lot of things after switching to virtualization .Server virtualization is considered in this case and we have listed the benefits of that below.
- Lower Costs: Lowering cost is one of the goal which most companies are trying to achieve and using virtualization server would help to achieve this for gaming company.
- Less Hardware Cost: With moving physical servers to virtual machines , the need of more physical servers would decrease .
- Less maintenance cost: Due to less servers , there would be less need for maintaining the server and IT people.
- Less utility cost: Using less servers will result in less power consumption and less cooling costs.
- Less Space: As the need for servers decreases , there is less need for racks and physical floor space.
- Can move easily to Cloud: In future , if the company plans to move everything on cloud then it can be done very easily and effectively.
- Speedy Disaster Recovery: If the system fails due to any reason , the system is recovered within no time . Many virtualization platforms have software which does disaster testing .This helps to see if the failover plan is best or not instead of believing that it would work .
- Speedy Server redeployment: Due to virtualization , it allows to get the server up faster and running . Due to speedy redeployment , the business would not have any issue of upgrading frequently .
本网站支持 Alipay WeChatPay PayPal等支付方式
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信号:vipnxx