You have successfully been awarded the network job, so you now have to implement your design.
[Obviously this will be out of scope for this assignment.]
However, having created your network and tested fully that the prototype is working, your next task will be to identify where security breaches may occur. These security breaches may be physical, environmental, internal or external. These should include those specific to the type of organisation you have been assigned where this is relevant, and also more general issues that may affect most networks.
Refer to the powerpoint (from Module 16) on page 2 of the Assignment Resources, or read through Module 16 on Netacad.com
Read these documents on page 2 of the Assignment Resources:
- Network Security Threats and Solutions
- Network Security Devices You Need to Know About
Choose just ONE device mentioned in the above resources to research further, and describe where in your network it would be placed (show in topology). Describe how it would provide security.
Describe three or four other solutions (not hardware/devices) and how they also provide security based on the risks you identified. You may find more and want to include them as well, which is fine, but do not simply cut and paste text. I would prefer you to choose a few issues then identify the issue, describe the problem, suggest / implement a solution
You may or may not be able to “fix” all security issues you identify, but you can describe what you think they might be.
You must also consider your original design and identify where it could be improved, based on further study and /or research and feedback. For this part you will not necessarily implement the improvements (except for that mentioned for switches and routers below), only write in a report why you consider they are needed. You may wish to redo your IP addressing scheme having learned more since Phase 1. Due to the limitations of Packet Tracer, some solutions may not be possible in practice, but you can show where changes may be needed.
You should also consider design changes to address issues of scalability, redundancy and capability and describe how these network architecture features are important in network design.
Your report should now be targetted at the person who will serve as network administrator. This may or may not be the same person as in part 1, it will depend on the individual business, so adapt your report style to suit.
If you change your design during this phase, include images of the altered designs.
Also save your PT file with a new file name.
You also need to update your packet tracer file with security configurations and decriptions that have been learned in the latter part of the course. These mainly apply to switches and routers.
Relevant lab: Secure Network Devices.pka
Please make sure you document any login/password details used in Packet Tracer so that the marker can access the configurations if required.
Part 2 report should be targetted at the network administrator
- A summary report of the changes required in your original design, and implemented in phase 2.
- This summary should allow the reader to see at a glance what has changed
- Your research into security breaches or potential security risks, relevant to the scenario
- Your recommendations for how these can be mitigated
- Your research into network architecture features and the changes you suggest/implement
- Images of the physical topology if necessary
- Document any design changes
- Images of the logical topology, showing “new” devices if necessary
- Document any design changes
- Updated hardware table if changes made
- An IP addressing scheme, updated if changes made
- Revise your IP addressing scheme to accommodate separate groups of users
- (you may implement VLANs or VLSM if you wish – (see page 2 of the Assignment Resources). DHCP is not to be used.
- The addressing scheme should show a plan of how devices have been allocated addresses, so that future expansion can follow the same policy rules.
- An updated prototype of the network created in Packet Tracer showing:
- “new” devices,
- security configuration of routers and switches
- ip addressing
- An updated configuration file for routers and switches to show the security applied
- Updated connectivity test screenshots, if relevant
- Relevant references
本网站支持 Alipay WeChatPay PayPal等支付方式
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信号:vipnxx