CP2414 Assignment 1
Part I. Potential Threats
You have been provided with a list of complaints from employees about the workstations at TheSleepyheads:
• Complaint 1 (Teddy): My computer takes a long long time to start up and shut down. It seems like there are other programs which I don’t use running when I start my computer as well.
• Complaint 2 (Christina): I often get the blue screen of death, my workstation keeps crashing. I found it to be so frustrating.
• Complaint 3 (Meredith): It takes forever to download a file from the company servers. It doesn’t even matter what the size or type of the file are.
• Complaint 4 (Alex): I’ve got customers and colleagues informing me that I’ve been sending them emails, this is very weird because my job doesn’t really concern sending out emails to my colleagues, let alone customers.
• Complaint 5 (Richard): I get a lot of pop-ups on my screen; I have never visited any bad (inappropriate) websites.
• Complaint 6 (Joe): The fan in my computer is just so loud. It seems to be spinning really fast and all the time. Even when I am not using it.
• Complain 7 (All employees): Difficulty accessing the website, mail and database servers.
From the complaints above, you are required to analyse and identify the threat/s (if there are any). You must also make a recommendation on strategies and technologies (i.e. hardware and software) to prevent and mitigate the problems.
1. Your threat analysis and identification should ONLY concern network security and NOT hardware or software.
2. It is possible that the complaints are connected to one another.
Part II. Firewall, Honeypot/s, and Other Network Security Technologies Planning and Design for Brisbane Branch
Employing firewalls, honeypots, and other network security technologies can be an effective means of protecting the company networks. As such, you are required to design a network security configuration for the Perth branch of the company. To do this, you will need to consider the existing devices (see “About the company” – Perth branch ONLY), the hardware/software solutions you recommended in Part I, and additional honeypot/s.
You are required to:
1. Draw your proposed secure network diagram, including:
b. Other Network Security Technologies (hardware and/or software)
d. Existing devices (e.g. servers, workstations, router, switches)
2. Explain and justify the configuration diagram with respect to:
a. The type and placement of each firewall;
b. The honeypot location/s and quantity;
c. The placement and purpose of each piece of hardware/software.
本网站支持 Alipay WeChatPay PayPal等支付方式
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信号:vipnxx