Peer-to-Peer Networks (COSC1233/1235)
This assignment aims to investigate the progress of Peer-to-Peer networks and explore the popular
2. Learning Outcomes
This assessment relates to the learning outcomes of CLOs 1, 2 and 6:
• Knowledge about the concept of peer to peer networks, history and motivation of peer to peer
• Understanding basics of unstructured peer to peer systems including centralized peer to peer
networks, pure peer to peer networks and hybrid peer to peer networks.
• Understanding popular applications of peer to peer systems, such as: Video Streaming,
Bitcoin and Blockchain.
3. Assessment details
Accuracy of the concepts. Cover the main points with regards to the investigation and comparison
and describe your statement clearly and logically.
Rationale of analysis. Give evidence(s)/example(s) to support your discussion.
For marks breakdown details, please referenced to rubric in Canvas.
5. Task specification
Task 1 Investigation on different generation of P2P Networks (10 marks)
1) Investigate the difference between Centralized Peer-to-Peer model and Client/Server model.
2) Compare the role of supernodes in hybrid P2P networks with that of index server in
centralized P2P networks, explain what in common and what is the difference? (3 marks)
3) Explain the experimental evidence for TTL counter sets as 7 in file search. (2 marks)
4) Explain how the worst case may happen in unstructured P2P systems: i.e., a file does exist in
the system while the requestor could not get the response? (2 marks)
Task 2: Exploration of a P2P application. (15 marks)
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
• Renewable energy
本网站支持 Alipay WeChatPay PayPal等支付方式
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 微信号:vipnxx